Re: [Scheme-reports] Scheme-reports Digest, Vol 10, Issue 1

Aubrey Jaffer scripsit:

> Exposing port-numbers to the programmer leads to resource leaks
> (orphaned ports).

I don't understand that.  The SCM socket:bind, socket:connect, and
socket-name:port-number procedures all expose port numbers, and I don't
understand how you can implement TFTP without knowing about them.

Are you momentarily confusing port numbers with file descriptors?

> The SCM socket library is a complete socket interface overloading
> ports.  Socket ports, like file ports, are subject to garbage
> collection.

I quite like it, but it doesn't meet my requirements.  I'll look into
cutting it down so it does.

--
If you have ever wondered if you are in hell,         John Cowan
it has been said, then you are on a well-traveled     http://www.ccil.org/~cowan