Re: [Scheme-reports] multiple values module

On Fri 20 May 2011 18:26, "Aaron W. Hsu" <arcfide@x> writes:

>> (define *values-tag* (list 'values))
>>
> I can't help but feel that the above implementation is woefully
> broken.

You are misled.  Chibi's implementation (or its strategy anyway) is
allowed by the R5RS, which states that the effect of returning a number
of values that a continuation is not expecting is undefined.

> At the very least, we ought to be able to expect that (list? (values 1 2))
> should not return #t

Sorry, you really can't do that without breaking compatibility with many
implementations.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/