Re: [Scheme-reports] editorial: 2-argument log function

On 11/02/2012 09:52 PM, Alex Shinn wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Per Bothner <per@x> wrote:
>> R6RS has a 2-operand version of the log function:
>>
>>     (log zi zii) computes the base-zii logarithm of zi.
>>
>> This function is not in the latest R7RS draft that I've seen,
>> which means it should be listed in the "Incompatibilities with
>> the main R6RS document" section of the NOTES.
>
> The two argument log function has already been added.

In that case, I guess I need to implement it ...

Is there a recommended reference implementation?
IIRC mathematically (log a b) is (/ (log a) (log b)),
but that might not provide the best accuracy.

I recall there is a library implementation effort with
suggested or reference implementations of various
functions and macros.  Is there or should there be a
link to this from the R7RS specification?  Or perhaps
from scheme-reports.org?
--
	--Per Bothner
per@x   http://per.bothner.com/