Re: [Scheme-reports] Fwd: Comments on draft 6 about call/cc

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:25:21 -0500 John Cowan
<cowan@x> wrote:
> Alaric Snell-Pym scripsit:
>
> > Clearly, it's far too late for call/cc to be replaced by delimited
> > continuations for R7RS, but it would be nice to decide if it
> > might be worth considering for R8RS (along with
> > immutable-by-default pairs, perhaps? :-)
>
> It's not too late in a process sense, but because call/cc is an IEEE
> Scheme feature, the following sentence from the WG1 charter applies:
> "Existing features of IEEE Scheme may be removed only if a strong
> case can be made that they are fundamentally flawed."  We haven't
> seen a strong case of that type thus far.

Even if one didn't want to remove the feature, one could still add
text indicating that it is problematic and that other features are
considered a better way to achieve the same goal...

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@x