Re: [Scheme-reports] library at file level

On 05/15/2013 05:39 AM, John Cowan wrote:
> ISLisp, an ISO-standard variant of Common Lisp (close to a subset), is
> interesting in this respect: it has CL macros, but no `eval` function.
> Consequently, the compiler needs an interpreter, but the run-time does not!

Kawa is similar: it does have eval, but eval is by
default implemented to always compile-and-load.

An exception is on Android: run-time compilation is not supported on
Android, because it doesn't support standard ClassLoader.defineClass.
So there we use an interpreter for eval, load, and the repl.
--
	--Per Bothner
per@x   http://per.bothner.com/