Re: [Scheme-reports] Padding/placeholders (hashes) in numerical syntax

Jussi Piitulainen scripsit:

> The report does not tell what the #-notation means. As far as I can
> see, it says only that a constant is inexact if (among other things)
> it contains a "#" character in place of a digit. (6.2.4 Syntax of
> numerical constants) One has to go to the formal grammar to learn that
> any "#" characters must be trailing digits.
>
> An indication of the intended meaning of the notation should be added
> if the notation is being kept.

Editorial ticket filed.

You escaped them by the will-death              John Cowan
and the Way of the Black Wheel.                 cowan@x
I could not.  --Great-Souled Sam                http://www.ccil.org/~cowan