Re: [Scheme-reports] Draft 3 Comments: Chapter 6

Am 03.08.2011 19:19, schrieb Denis Washington:
> It's great that the bytevector procedures defined here seem to be all
> fully compatible to R6RS! However, I need to say that I very, very much
> dislike the use of #u8(...) as external representation instead of R6RS'
> #vu8(...). This is pure bikeshedding that does nothing but complicating
> the lifes of implementors.

I just realized that the #u8(...) syntax comes from SRFI-4 which is
implemented in at least 10 Scheme systems according to John Cowan's
table, including Bigloo, Chicken, Gauche, Gambit, Guile, Kawa and
PLT/Racket. So saying that the choice of syntax is "pure bikeshedding"
was an ill-informed wrong characterization. Please excuse me for my
ignorance.

Regards,
Denis