Re: [Scheme-reports] 6.13 I/O

Andy Wingo scripsit:

> Why allow current-input-port to be a binary port?  I would not do that.

Why forbid it?  Some programs deal exclusively with binary input.

> Likewise I don't see why read-u8 and friends would default to a textual
> port.

It is not necessarily an error to invoke read-u8 on a textual port, if it is
also a binary port.  We expect both to often be the case.

--
John Cowan              cowan@x          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Most people are much more ignorant about language than they are about